Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Avatar is a must see

I didn't cry through much of the movie like my wife did. She is very sensitive to the plight of any of God's creatures. I, on the other hand, felt the anger welling up inside me. And in the first 30 minutes of the film, one thought kept creeping in, "bury my heart at wounded knee". From the middle of the film onward, it was one long 'trail of tears' for the Navi. The saving grace was it has a 'happy' ending', or at least I perceived that way. The indigent tribes weren't wiped from the face of Pandora by the military might of a maniacal corporation bent on greed -- manifest destiny on steroids. The 'good guys' actually persevered. As far as happy endings go, perhaps the human race on planet Earth will have one too. We saw what it takes. We just have to do what the Navi did -- stand up for ourselves. I believe I appreciated that ending because I'm a citizen of Woodstock Nation and proud of it. I sincerely hope there are more like me out there. The world needs us; especially now.

5 comments:

Mollie Wilson said...

Hey Debbie & Mike-
Just testing this out with Dennis at Borders Books in Manchester, CT. I've just did a new post about "Oprah Winfrey has taken notice of duct tape in previous episodes... looking to find out how to expand information."

Drop by and leave your comments;

http://rhymetimebooks.blogspot.com

Mollie

Anonymous said...

I got your book at the Big E and thought it was GREAT!!! I suggested my friends get your book however, when they went to the bookstore. They were told it didn't even exist. Why does Barnes & Noble or Borders not carry it? Furthermore, why can't they even order it? I don't think a book can be successful, if it's not distributed correctly.

Michael said...

I wish the major bookstores would carry it. I've been denied because I am independently published. That's their excuse. I'll keep trying.

Anonymous said...

I would sell it as I’m a buyer for Barnes & Noble in NY and need more independent books. However, YOU DO NOT HAVE A RETURN LISTED WITH OUR PRESS VENDORS. Now your book is out of date!!! That’s if you buy a return with AuthorHouse, or any self pub house. Sorry, you’re a day late and a dollar short.

Don’t EVER listen 2 who ever told you to publish your book independently without a RETURN program.

Good Luck,
A Small Press Buyer @ www.BN.com

PS better luck next time and I hope I find your Blog on Google…. I’ll save it on my “Favorites.” Ohh, and get a good editor or book doctor. And change your cover Illustrator. It’s too much….

Anonymous said...

My wife tells me I was 2 hard on you. I did not mean to be hard but true!!! As that’s what your book is about. The Truth Never Changes.
It’s just some free words form someone who could have put and sold your book in thousands of book stores in the USA.

www.BN.com