Sunday, October 25, 2009

Greatest mystery in life

The greatest mystery in life is what the future holds for humanity. Everyone senses there is something looming on the horizon but they don't know what. The signs are all around us. Reading them correctly is the task at hand. A line from a Bob Dylan song applies here: "you don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows".
The Change is coming. I can tell you what's going to happen but I can't confirm when it will. No one actually can. It's a best guess scenario based upon the knowledge at hand. Knowledge is the one thing I could offer, but I can't make any guarantees. No one else can do that either. But I can tell you that no matter to what 'vision' of end-of-days prophecy one clings to; it's not a matter of 'if'. It's only a matter of 'when'.
I met many people at the Big E this year who are ready to listen. But most don't know what questions to ask and in what order to ask them. The first question is the always the same: what's going to happen to me? Even if that question was unspoken I could see it in their eyes. People lead with their eyes. If you want to know what's in their heart, you look into their eyes. When I do, I see a need for an explanation. I have one.

No comments: